Information I Collect:
To book with McNeill Holiday Lets, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, phone number, email address, postal address, payment information and, if booking from out with the UK, passport numbers etc.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It:
I rely on several legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to send you your booking details, information about your stay, keep you up to date with McNeill Holiday Lets news, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time.
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your booking if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Wix, Email services and or Paypal. I share information with Wix, Email services and or Paypal as necessary to provide you my services, send invoices, booking details and comply with my obligations under the Paypal invoicing policy.
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services, i.e. your name and address to be able to post any information and or lost property.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my property, guests, or others.
Photos shared by you, of your stay, with your permission, may be shared via our Facebook page and or Website.
How is your data kept secure?
The information collected during booking with McNeill Holiday Lets is stored in a booking diary, your name, email address and dates of your stay, is all that is written down. This book is then filed into a locked cabinet that only McNeill Holiday Lets has access to.
Your signed booking forms, once received, are also stored in a locked cabinet.
For tax purposes I may occasionally print off your booking details, these are also kept in a locked cabinet.
Any electronic devices that I use for McNeill Holiday Lets, i.e. laptop or mobile phone, are password/fingerprint secured and or has up to date anti-virus/malware software in use.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU:
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me:
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Estelle McNeill, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me via email, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.